Register in to know all about the Hearthrob Rajeev Khandelwal and be a part of RKF - a place where Rajeevianz reside :)
Register in to know all about the Hearthrob Rajeev Khandelwal and be a part of RKF - a place where Rajeevianz reside :)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» ZEE5 Puts Rajeev Khandelwal in ‘Naxal’ Territory
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal to play a Special Task Force officer in Zee5's Naxal
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:54 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal faces the challenge of shooting in a jungle in the monsoon for Naxalbari
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:47 pm by -Farheen-

» -Video Gallery-
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:41 pm by -Farheen-

» --PICTURE GALLERY--
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal on Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala: It is an exciting love story
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm by Sanghamitra

» :-Picture Gallery:-
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm by Sanghamitra

» Priyanshu Chatterjee roped in for ALTBalaji’s Coldd Lassi aur Chicken Masala
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 pm by Sanghamitra

» Divyanka Tripathi, Rajeev Khandelwal to share screen space with THIS actress in Coldd Lassi and Chicken Masala
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:30 pm by Sanghamitra

» 'It was a huge deal for me'. When debutant Jay Bhanushali stepped into Rajeev Khandelwal's shoes
Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 pm by Sanghamitra

Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mona
Global Moderator
Mona

Number of posts : 5386

Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  Empty
PostSubject: Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman    Kritika Kamra: I’m not a damsel in distress, but a strong, opinionated woman  EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 am

Roshni Olivera,TNN | Apr 11, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Kritika Kamra may be just a few years old in television, but the actress has managed to play diverse characters so far. As she gears up for her next role, that of a journalist in the upcoming show Reporters (starting on April 13 and to be aired every Monday to Thursday at 9 pm on Sony Entertainment Television), she talks about how she transformed into Ananya Kashyap. Excerpts:

As a teenager, did you secretly dream of becoming a hotshot television journalist someday?
It was certainly one of the things that appealed to me, which is why later, when I cleared the entrance test, I didn't go in for Fashion Designing, but chose Fashion Communication, which in a way, was like Mass Communication. So yes, the profession did fascinate me, especially war journalism.

What was your first reaction when you were offered this role, given that most roles offered to women on Indian television are rather stereotypical?
The sceptical me, of course, didn't jump in excitement, initially. The focus in this show too was on a senior-junior kind of equation, so I was hoping that this show would be different from what I'd done earlier. Once I got a proper narration, I was really happy. This channel is a comfort zone for me and I like the fact that they are still trying to make different content. Later, I got to know that the producer is Shrishti Arya and since I had met her in the past, I knew she was very cool.Then I heard that there was Rajeev Khandelwal in the show and I thought to myself, 'That's brilliant.' We all know how choosy Rajeev is and I thought if has taken this up as his comeback show, it ought to be very meaty. Then I got to know Goldie Behl is directing it... it just kept getting better! When I heard the story, I was relieved to know that the heroine is not a damsel in distress. She is a strong woman, who is opinionated and enthusiastic about putting her views across. This is a refreshing change from other women characters, who need men to solve their problems, who are always running around crying and are forever in distress.

This show is also a love story, where you have a crush on your senior. So, how did Rajeev and you break the ice?
It happened on its own. Actually, the first scene we shot for was the promo, where he kisses me and I slap him. There could be nothing better than that for an ice-breaker!

Was there any homework that you had to do to transform into your character Ananya Kashyap?
I am well-versed with news. I like watching news channels and that helped. We also went to a news studio and saw how people worked there. Today, when I watch a news channel, especially some hardcore news story, I end up thinking how I would have handled it. I have also learnt a lot of new terms that are used in this field.

Has the term 'sensational' got redefined in your mind?
I understand it a little better now (smiles). While I still strongly believe that khabrein laani chahiye, banani nahi chahiye, I understand that news needs to be catchy as it is a competitive business.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Kritika-Kamra-Im-not-a-damsel-in-distress-but-a-strong-opinionated-woman/articleshow/46876562.cms
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1