Register in to know all about the Hearthrob Rajeev Khandelwal and be a part of RKF - a place where Rajeevianz reside :)
Register in to know all about the Hearthrob Rajeev Khandelwal and be a part of RKF - a place where Rajeevianz reside :)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» ZEE5 Puts Rajeev Khandelwal in ‘Naxal’ Territory
A classic affair EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal to play a Special Task Force officer in Zee5's Naxal
A classic affair EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:54 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal faces the challenge of shooting in a jungle in the monsoon for Naxalbari
A classic affair EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:47 pm by -Farheen-

» -Video Gallery-
A classic affair EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:41 pm by -Farheen-

» --PICTURE GALLERY--
A classic affair EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm by -Farheen-

» Rajeev Khandelwal on Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala: It is an exciting love story
A classic affair EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm by Sanghamitra

» :-Picture Gallery:-
A classic affair EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm by Sanghamitra

» Priyanshu Chatterjee roped in for ALTBalaji’s Coldd Lassi aur Chicken Masala
A classic affair EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 pm by Sanghamitra

» Divyanka Tripathi, Rajeev Khandelwal to share screen space with THIS actress in Coldd Lassi and Chicken Masala
A classic affair EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:30 pm by Sanghamitra

» 'It was a huge deal for me'. When debutant Jay Bhanushali stepped into Rajeev Khandelwal's shoes
A classic affair EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 pm by Sanghamitra

Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A classic affair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mona
Global Moderator
Mona

Number of posts : 5386

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am

A classic affair
WEDNESDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2011 23:03 PIONEER

Actor Rajeev Khandelwal will now be hosting a show on super cars on National Geographic. He tells Divya Kaushik that it took him a good eight minutes to figure out where the gear was when he first sat in a Lamborghini

So far we have only seen and liked him in suave and sophisticated avatars and it is mostly his cute, chocolatey looks that have got him a large number of female fan following. But get ready to watch Rajeev Khandelwal in a changed and rugged avatar. The actor will now be hosting a show on National Geographic channel called Nat Geo Super Cars and has undergone a makeover for the same. He will sport ganjis and torn jeans and will be all over the lustrous and sparkling Ferrari, Lamborghini Murciélago and Porsche GT3 to name a few. It doesn’t matter if you are a car enthusiast or not, you would love to watch the show that will reveal the science, technology and behind-the-scenes manufacturing stories of the most sought after international super vehicles.

“We all love cars and this show will make you fall in love with them all over again. It reveals some amazing facts about these beauties known to us as super cars. It tells you why there are so less Bentleys and why Ferrari is just owned by a few in India. This series is for everyone who is up to some interesting information about the super cars,” said Rajeev, who was in the Capital to wrap up the production of the show. “I am the face of the show and would not be seen travelling. I will just introduce these cars and then the viewers will be taken on a journey that will describe the making, manufacturing and other details,” he added.

Some of the super cars that will be featured in a 20-episode series that will go on air from October 10, are Camaro, Chevy Volt, Bugatti, Maserati and Mercedes and Viper. The show will reveal that the Bugatti Veyron is a super car — part automobile and part airplane — a modern engineering masterpiece of automotive art that flies down the road at nearly one third the speed of sound. It will tell us what it takes to build a classic car Camaro with 21st century technology. Now, after nearly a decade off the factory line, Chevy is reintroducing the 2010 Camaro SS. The show visits the 10-million-square-foot factory, one of the largest auto plants in the world, where the car is stamped from cold raw steel and assembled by high-tech robots and nearly 5,800 employees create its especially designed unibody.

Like most other guys, Rajeev too has been a fan of these super four-wheelers but didn’t know most of the facts. “I didn’t even know how to pronounce Bentley and Lamborghini. In fact, when we started shooting I was supposed to drive a Lamborghini and it took me a good eight minutes to figure out where the gear was. It was really embarrassing and I managed to drive the car for about 200 meters,” he said and told that the shoot experience for the series is something that will remain with him forever as he dropped a lot of inhibitions. “The reason why I signed up the show was that it was NGC, a brand big enough and known for class and quality. When they called me and told about the concept, I thought the channel’s name is so respectable that I would love to associate myself with it. I am not a person who goes with a planning, but whatever I choose, I keep in mind that it should be something that fills me with a sense of pride when I look back on it. I want my audience to remember me for my work and this show definitely is one of those kinds,” said Rajeev, who is a passionate traveller himself.

The actor was last seen in Shaitan and will feature next in Soundtrack wherein he will play the role of a DJ. “I believe in quality and with every movie that I do, I try to explore different shades and characters,” he concluded.

link- http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/8103-a-classic-affair.html

A classic affair 1okkG
Back to top Go down
Mona
Global Moderator
Mona

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:13 pm

oh thats cool,rajeev gonna look smashing in the show.... A classic affair 36306
Back to top Go down
Mona
Global Moderator
Mona

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Super fun

A classic affair 23mp_r10
MAN AND MACHINE Rajeev Khandelwal
Bollywood's Rajeev Khandelwal will now be seen in Nat Geo's ‘Super Cars'

Rajeev Khandelwal's currently spending time spinning discs and making music. The actor is now a DJ. And where's he playing at? That, you'll get to know on September 30 when his movie “Soundtrack” releases. He plays the role of a DJ-turned-musician in the movie. (So ladies, hold your horses, no point scouring the city's discos looking for him.) “I took a crash course in DJ-ing because I wanted to get used to the equipment and the console. I didn't want to look like I am seeing these things for the first time,” says Rajeev.

He plays the role of Raunak Kaul, a young man from a small town who heads to the city and makes it big. “It is loosely based on Beethoven's story.” Like the master composer who lost his hearing, Raunak too slowly begins to turn deaf. But it's not just this handicap that he has to deal with. He also has to battle his vices — alcohol, drugs and women, which soon begin to engulf him.

The movie directed by Nirav Ghosh stars Soha Ali Khan, who plays the role of a girl who is hearing impaired and also Rajeev's love interest. “The film has a different narrative. It's a story well-told and has some good music composed by the Midival Punditz,” Rajeev vouches.

That apart he has just wrapped up shooting for Tanuja Chandra's film, “Raakh” and in the pipeline is a film with Alphonse Roy, who was the cinematographer / director of photography for Rajeev's first film, “Amir.”

Rajeev is a man on a mission. Not just movies, he is also working on a couple of projects for the small screen. He is on board National Geographic Channel for their new show titled, ‘Super Cars.' “I wasn't a machine lover till I met these super cars. Having heard the names of these brands since childhood, I wanted to know what exactly makes them so popular and special,” he says. The show will feature cars such as Camaro, Chevy Volt, The Dodge Challenger, Viper among others. The programme spanning 18 episodes will dissect each car and tell the viewers about the engineering technique that's gone into the car, why they are popular, where they are available, the rich who drive such vehicles… Asked which one of the lot is his favourite, he grins, “Difficult to pick one. It's like having to choose between Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz. I think I would pick The Rolls Royce Phantom,” and with a grin adds, “I even asked them to give it to me as my remuneration,” he jokes.

‘Super Cars' will premiere on October 10 at 10 p.m. and each episode will focus on one particular brand of car. “As the face of the show I request automobile lovers to watch the episodes.”

So machine lovers, here's what you can look forward to and ladies even if the cars don't interest you, Rajeev will!
Back to top Go down
chinmayi-k
Group- RKian
chinmayi-k

Number of posts : 388

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 pm

A classic affair 24RAJEEV-.jpg.crop_display

One of the stunners of Indian television is set to spread his wings with an all-new show on National Geographic Channel (NGC). Rajeev Khandelwal, the gritty host of Sach Ka Saamna who is best remembered for his chocolate-boy portrayal in Kahiin to Hoga, has made a successful transition from the small screen to the silver screen. He now returns to TV as the face of Super Cars on NGC. The former model is really excited about the venture. “I love experimenting and breaking new ground. It’s a matter of prestige to be associated with NGC.” The show that will premiere in October is a testosterone explosion with glitzy cars and mean machines. “The show will see us get up close with Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Rolls-Royce and the like. It was the first opportunity that I got to see and drive these lovely machines.” Rajeev couldn’t get over the excitement of seeing his dream cars and called up his brother to gloat. “My brother is the Army and the posters of these cars adorned his room. I had to tell him about the cars,” he jokes.

So is Rajeev obsessive about cars? “I wasn't really initially. But once I started going camping with my brother to Leh-Ladakh, I started taking a keen interest in what I drove. I currently own a Mahindra Scorpio that I’ve customised. The fun of customising really kindled an interest in cars.”

source: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/rajeev-now-nat-geo-870
Back to top Go down
nivedi
RKvists
nivedi

Number of posts : 437

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

wow! that's one of a kind show on tv. Going perfectly for what he is known best as, 'The Trendsetter'
Back to top Go down
akshita
Group- RKian
akshita

Number of posts : 137

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Rajeev is looking amazing here...total rock star. knowing his love and passion for cars and driving this show is gonna be amazing :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Mona
Global Moderator
Mona

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:28 am

Rajeev Khandelwal returns to TV
Navdeep Kaur Marwah, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, September 28, 2011

Actor Rajeev Khandelwal will soon be seen on the small screen after a gap of two years with National Geographic’s upcoming show Super Cars. The 35-year-old, who rose to fame with his role in the TV soap Kahin To Hoga, created a national buzz as the host of the controversial reality show Sach Ka Saamna, is excited about exploring technology in his new show.

“I have no qualms in accepting that I didn’t know about Bentleys till I got on this show,” he says. “Being the face of such a classy show is really very exciting. Each episode aims to reveal the science, technology and behind the scenes manufacturing stories of the most sought after super cars such as Porsche GT3 and Rolls-Royce Phantom, among others.”

Khandelwal will also host Sach Ka Saama 2. “It will be completely on the same format as the earlier one. We can’t tamper with the show’s DNA. I look forward to host it,” he says.

Though the actor is a fairly fresh in Bollywood, his performance in films such as Aamir and Shaitan has been lauded. In his upcoming film Soundtrack he plays the role of a musician called DJ Ronak. “My character is that of a small town guy who comes to the city with dreams. At the peak of his career, he is diagnosed with a hearing disorder and has to fight his dark side. Playing such an intense character was quite difficult,” he says.

The actor stars opposite actor Soha Ali Khan in the film. He shares his condolences on the demise of Soha’s father, former India cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi. “He has been an inspiration for many. I wish Soha and her family have enough courage to deal with the great loss,” says the actor who cancelled a party for Soha after her loss last week.

A classic affair PpHJl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A classic affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic affair   A classic affair Empty

Back to top Go down

A classic affair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rajeev Khandelwal :: TELEVISION & WEBSERIES :: ll-SHOWS-ll :: Nat Geo SUPER CARS-
Jump to: